God Bless Us....Everyone!

It has been an amazing Christmas Day filled with Mass, Family, Friends, and a visit from St. Nicholas! Courtney is snuggled in bed after a day filled with such joy for our family. We received the gift of a Christmas without ONE seizure!! Praise God! I don't know the last time that happened.

Today at Mass we were reminded that Christ came to us a small child so that we would not be afraid. After all, who is afraid of a baby? He just wanted us to love Him as much as He loves us. When I looked at Courtney's face after she received Our Lord in Communion, I realized what Father was talking about. That absolute innocence and joy that comes from simply loving Him more than anyone or anything. Her face is transposed and she is content to just be with Him without any barrier of sin in her way. It is an extraordinary gift to witness such a love. I strive to love God that much, to live just for Him. The closest I come at times is loving Him through Courtney. To see the face and heart of Christ in this very sick and broken young lady. For her whole life is devoted to carrying the cross He has given her, and carry it she does. With grace and humility and such love for Our Lord it takes my breath away at times.

I can get stuck in all my own sin and selfishness and can sometimes forget, why there is hardship and how purifying it can be for the soul. Then I hold her through a seizure or another medical procedure, I feed her by tube or by mouth, I carry her from room to room because she is not able to do it herself and everything comes into focus. God is God and I am not. He sees all the pathways to Him and I just see mine, all crooked and filled with uneven paths. Everyone has their path to walk, their cross to bear. Some we see and some we do not. I pray for the courage to look upon Christ as a child and to no longer be afraid, but to love unconditionally and with all that I have as my daughter has taught me to do. I pray the same for each of you.
Our family continues to rejoice in prayerful thanksgiving for all of you who read this blog, who have supported us through prayer as well as financially. We are constantly surprised at where God is leading us and how He is using so many to carry us through all He is asking of us. We are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses and we are so grateful for all that has been and will be provided.

May God Bless each and everyone of you who have been a part of our Christmas Miracle! May you continue to see the light of Christ in every soul you meet.

Always Praising Him,
Mary, Jerry, Jonathan and Courtney

Labels: