Yumminess from Mrs. Fields and Me!

One of my favorite cookbooks is the "Mrs. Fields Cookie Book : 100 Recipes from the Kitchen of Mrs. Fields". This has been on my shelf since it was published in 1992. It has the very best Chocolate Cookie recipe known to mankind, and believe me, I have tried them all. I have made a few changes to the recipe that have given this all-american cookie and extra kick of flavor. Instead of plain white sugar, I use my homemade vanilla sugar. Instead of dark brown sugar I use light. I also use 70% chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. This adds a depth of flavor that is just oh so good. I hope you like it!
Bon Appetite!
Mary
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Very Best Chocolate Chips Cookies Ever!!" 
(and I mean It!)
Adapted from "Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies" in the "Mrs. Fields Cookie Book"

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar or vanilla sugar *
1 cup salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
 (for a more intense flavor, you can also substitute vanilla bean paste)

2 cups dark chocolate chips ( I recommend Guittard or Scharffen Berger)
1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans (these can be omitted if you like)

Preheat oven at 300 degrees.
In medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well with wire whisk. Set aside.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer blend sugars at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scrapping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.


Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and blend at low speed until just mixed. Do not overmix.

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ugreased cookie sheet ( I usually cover mine with parchment paper to prevent burning of the bottoms), 2 inches apart. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer cookies immediately to a cool surface with a spatula.

Pour yourself a cold glass of milk and enjoy!

**Homemade Vanilla Sugar
1 pound sugar
2 vanilla beans
place sugar in an airtight container. place both beans inside the sugar and "shake" the container every day for one week to move the beans around. then use in your favorite recipes to give an extra "kick" of vanilla goodness.

Labels: