When Tragedy Strikes...

Music is a passion in our home. We are more listeners than players however and we listen to ALL kinds of music from classical to country, to the occasional "clean" hip-hop. 25 years ago a high school friend introduced me to Contemporary Christian Music and I knew that I had found a balance between the pop music I loved and my faith. I could listen to this upbeat music and sing at the top of my lungs about God and how much he loved me. This was a very cool thing and so for the past two decades I have been a HUGE fan of this genre.

My favorite artist of ALL time is Steven Curtis Chapman. He writes the most beautiful ballads and some of the best foot stompin' praise and worship music I have ever heard. I have been to his concerts and marvel at his song writing. His lyrics are based on the scriptures and life experiences that have touched him deeply. In each CD he tells the story of how each of these songs came about. How God places them on his heart, and he is just the vehicle to telling the world about the story of our Redeemer. You can find his videos on You-Tube and his music on I-Tunes. Please check it out. You will not be disappointed.

This morning I awoke to the news that his 5-year old adopted daughter, Maria, was killed yesterday in a tragic accident. My heart is so very heavy this morning for him and his beautiful family. It is not often that we have entertainers who are actual Godly examples in how they love their families and live their lives. Please say a prayer for the repose of Maria's soul and keep her family in your prayers.

Even though we may never understand how God can allow tragedy to happen, we must ALWAYS rely on FAITH that He is present and He will make all things new again. 

We praise You Father God for Your mercy and unending Grace. Please be with the Chapman family as they walk this heartbreaking road and surround them with your healing love.

May God have mercy on us and those we love,
Mary

Labels: ,