So Much To Say...

There has been so much commentary in the blogosphere about Sarah Palin and her Vice-Presidential nomination, that I feel anything I say will just be repetitive. When I started this blog, I wanted it to be a place where family life, Catholic culture, and the feminine arts could be discussed and celebrated.

This is how I have lived my life. I am a wife and mother. I have a dream of being a published author one day. I have worked full-time and part-time during the twenty years of my marriage. I have a special needs child. Pro-life issues are extremely important to me and my family. Please do not discount me as a "one issue voter". I am not. I just happen to be most passionate about that particular issue.

I homeschooled. The education of our children is also important to me. I made a different choice for my family. One that met the unique needs of my children. I support the right of parents to choose the educational path of their kids.

I am not perfect and have not always made the best choices for myself or my family. I have lived my life the only way I know how. One day at a time, placing one foot in front of the other and praying that I land on solid ground. I have done what was best for MY family. I am grateful I live in a country that allows me those freedoms.

No matter what your political or religious affiliations are, let's have a civilized conversation. I believe we ALL have the right to make a choice in this nation about who we want to lead it. What I have seen in the last week makes my stomach churn. I don't care who you are, trash is trash and I don't need it served at my dinner table. So I urge you to prayerfully consider your choice this election year. I urge you to listen to your conscience and allow me the right to listen to mine. And may God be with each of us as we cast that ballot in November.

As for me, I will continue to write on occasion about political matters that affect my family directly. I will continue to write about issues of faith and family that speak to my heart and my conscience. I will continue to be an advocate for my severely disabled daughter and her right to have a full and complete life. I will continue to write about my journey as a wife, mother, writer, baker, cook, craftswoman, seamstress, quilter and practicing Catholic who is trying to live out the Gospel as best I can.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this blog. I hope you find it to be a place of encouragement and joy accompanied by the occasional giggle. As always, I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.
Blessings,
Mary
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If your interested, you can read more about the current political climate at the following links:
Check out the last few days on The Anchoress. Interesting reading.
"A Vote for Sarah Palin" at First Things
Stealth Comment" at feminine-genius
"Compare and Contrast" at CreativeMinorityReport
"I Just Have To Say" at Pondered In My Heart
"Loving the Sinner" at And Sometimes Tea
"So What Do I Think" at In the Heart of my Home
"Eat Our Own" at In the Heart of my Home"
"Megyn Kelly destroys Us Weekly bottom-feeder over Palin" at Hot Air
"Hey, Obama:Fight the Smears" at MichelleMalkin.com

Labels: