Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary

Never has our country needed today's feast day more than well, today. Our Lady of the Rosary. In the picture, Our Lady is surrounded by St. Dominic and St. Catherine of Sienna who used the rosary to overcome the arian heresies of their day. It is a reminder to us all of the power of prayer seeking Our Lady's intersession.
Today I had the privilege of attending Mass followed by a special time of prayer and Eucharistic Adoration. During this time our pastor lead us in the recitation of the rosary. It was very powerful and I truly felt Our Lady's presence in that church. In these uncertain times I can think of no greater comfort than to prayer these prayers.

In honor of Our Lady, I set up my kitchen window with the one word I always think of when I think of the Blessed Mother. "Grace". I don't have a mantel to decorate for the season, but I have a window sill where I spend a lot of time washing dishes and preparing meals. I painted the letters a "sky blue" and then sprayed them with glitter for the twinkling stars effect. So now, I see that word and I pray to Our Lady, Queen of Heaven, for the grace to be like Mary and less like Martha.

I hope your day was filled with much


for all of you. May you feel Our Lady stand with you in times of strife and suffering. May she cover you with her mantle and protect you from evil. (To read more about the historical signifigance of the day, click on "Our Lady" below)
Our Lady of the Rosary, Pray for Us!

Mary

Our Lady of the Rosary picture from catholicgifts.com

Labels: