Feast of the Immaculate Conception


"In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary. And he came to her and said, "Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you."
Luke 1:26-28


"God gave Mary a great gift, but a necessary one. It was simply what she needed in order to do his will - the grace of redemption.
God chooses each of us too. We live in a hurting world that yearns for the healing touch of God's love. It seems beyond us.
But I have to remember this as well: If God wishes me to be a part of this great work, he will give me the gifts I need to do it, and I have Mary's prayer and witness to guide me along the way.

God of love, I come to do your will, trusting that you will strengthen me with your grace"

The above was taken from Amy Welborn's A Catholic Woman's Book of Days. A wonderful resource filled with daily inspiration for your walk with God.
Have a glorious feast day!
Blessings,
Mary

Labels: