Made for Joy!

"Shout for joy, O daughter of Zion!
Shout in triumph, O Israel!
Rejoice and exult with all your heart,
O daughter of Jerusalem!
The LORD has taken away His judgments against you,
He has cleared away your enemies
The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst;
You will fear disaster no more.
In that day it will be said to Jerusalem:
"Do not be afraid, O Zion;
Do not let your hands fall limp.
"The LORD your God is in your midst,
A victorious warrior
He will exult over you with joy,
He will be quiet in His love,
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy."

Zephaniah 3:14-17

We are made for JOY! God is our biggest cheerleader! Can't you hear Him in the stands shouting:

"You can do this, you really can. The grace is there. I am with you. Don't give up on me. I will never leave you."

Even in the midst of the darkness, He is present and cheering us on, moving us toward the joy only He can bring us. I made a promise to myself and my husband this Advent that I would seek JOY and PEACE in the midst of the insanity that is our daily life. We can get off track so easily. Discouragement is not of God, it's the devil who is standing right on the other side of the fence heckling us and trying to lead us astray. He has already gotten kicked out of the game, but boy he still wants to make trouble and he does, every single day.

So how am I going to find this JOY and PEACE that I know I am made for? I will seek Him in all things. I will seek quiet in my day to read scripture and pray the rosary. I will offer novenas and small sacrifices for those I love as well as some I don't even know, but they need my prayers just the same. I will listen for my cheering God who wants me to win this race, no matter how many times I fall. He will be faithful. Will I be?

How do you find this JOY and PEACE when your in the midst of deep depression or mourning? I have found that little baby steps, one at a time are my only way back to Him. One prayer, a smile for a stranger, a walk in the sunshine, a meal for a neighbor...if I reach outside myself, just a little, than God carries me the rest of the way.

This is sometimes so very difficult for us. But if we have the desire in our hearts, than God will give us the strength in our legs to move to HIM!

How will you seek Him this Advent season?

Seek JOY and PEACE this advent season. I will pray for you...please say a prayer for me...
Blessings,
Mary

Labels: