Lenten "Love Dare" ~ Day 2


So, how did you do yesterday? Things here were a bit crazy, but I was able to accomplish my goal and speak kindly to my husband throughout the day. I also wrote my son, who is away at college, and encouraged him in his Lenten journey. I tried to smile and be uplifting with everyone I met. I have to admit to a few "bad" moments in traffic, but overall, not bad for Day 1.
Hey, there are only 39 more to go. Ugh! Let me know how you did. Leave a comment, so we can pray together for our growth in love this Lenten season. Onward we go. 

Day 2 
Love Is Kind
" Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, or forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you."  Ephesians 4:32

"In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse (or family member) again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.The four pillars of kindness are gentleness, helpfulness, willingness, and initiative. "

At the end of the day ask yourself this:
What discoveries about love did you make today? What specifically did you do in this dare? How did you show kindness?

So we have a challenge ahead of us as well as an opportunity to bless our loved ones as Christ continues to bless us each day of our lives. We have a chance to be proactive in showing our love for those we hold close to our hearts. 

Kindness is love in action. Jesus is constantly showing kindness and love for those who walk with him. It's all over scripture. Do you have a favorite bible story where Jesus showed his love in action? Leave a comment or send an email. Let's inspire each other as we continue to walk this Lenten path toward the cross of our Lord. 
Peace, 
Mary
~~~~~~~~

The above italicised text comes from "The Love Dare" by Stephen and Alex Kendrick

Labels: