Lenten "Love Dare" ~ Day 4

How are you doing with your "Love Dare" challenge? What did you purchase or make for your spouse or family member that spoke to their heart? My husband is the perfect example of "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Since it was Friday and Lent, it was a challenge to come up with something that would fit the bill.
I came up with something simple, yet required love and attention. Bread. Fresh homemade bread fit into our meal plan, but also showed him that I was thinking about him throughout the day. He walked into the house tired after a long day. Then he smelled the fresh bread coming out of the oven and a smile spread across his face. "Ah, you really love me, don't you" he said. Yes dear, I really do. I consider the day a success.

Day 4
Love is thoughtful
" How precious also are Your thoughts to me...How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand" Psalm 139:17-18

Love thinks. It's not a mindless feeling that rides on waves of emotion and falls asleep mentally. It keeps busy in thought, knowing that loving thoughts precede loving actions.

Today's dare:
"Contact your spouse (or family member) sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing or if there is anything you could do for them."

The above italicised text comes from "The Love Dare" by Stephen and Alex Kendrick

Being that it's a Saturday, your spouse or family member may be with you through the day. So calling may not be an issue. But take a moment and see how they are doing. With your children, actively listen to what's going on with them. It's all about time. Open your heart to them and they will share theirs with you. Know that I will be praying for each of you. Please pray for me as well.
Blessings,
Mary

Labels: