Sausage~Lentil Soup


I haven't posted any recipes in awhile, so I thought I would share this hearty soup with everyone. It's filled with veggies and lentils which are high in fiber. It pairs well with a crusty loaf of bread or a light salad. In my house, it's usually both! It's simple to swap out the kielbasa for turkey sausage and omit the salt for a healthier version. It came from my friend Cathy B. and I don't have the original source. So if you recognize it please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.

Bon Appetite!
Mary
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sausage -Lentil Soup
recipe from Cathy B.

1 Bag lentils
1 pkg of polska kielbasa
14 cups of water
1 cup chopped onion
2 TBSP instant beef bullion or 6 cubes of bullion
1 tsp salt
1.2 tsp of dried basil
1/2 tsp pepper
20 oz broccoli
4 carrots, thinly sliced

*rinse and drain lentils
*combine lentils, water, onion, carrots, bullion and spices in dutch oven
*bring to boil - cover and simmer for 25 min.
*Add rest of ingredients - cover and simmer 15 more minutes until tender.

Labels: