Lenten "Love Dare" ~ Day 7

Where do you need "margin" in your life? Did yesterday's dare get you thinking about your priorities? I know that I had quite a challenging day. I am realizing that God really needs to do a great work in me to change my heart when it comes to the proper order of my heart and home. There must be more "margin" in order for me to fully honor my vocation.

I have never understood clearly all the "stuff", both internal and external, that I was holding onto until I started this challenge. I have also realized that when I get to the end of these 40 days, it's not really the end. It's the beginning of a better life for me and my family. One filled with more peace and joy with the ones I love. So I need to keep my eyes on Christ, walking and trusting in His plan for me. Because I surely cannot figure it out on my own.

Day 7
Love believes the best
"[Love] believes all things, hopes all things." 1 Corinthians 13:7

"Love chooses to believe the best about people. It gives them the benefit of the doubt. It refuses to fill in the unknowns with negative assumptions. And when our worst hopes are proven to be true, love makes every effort to deal with them and move forward. As much as possible, love focuses on the positive."

"Your spouse is a living, breathing, endless book to be read. Dreams and hopes have yet to be realized. Talents and abilities may be discovered like hidden treasure. But the choice to explore them starts with a decision by you. You must develop the habit of reining in your negative thoughts and focusing on the positive attributes of your mate."

Today's Dare:
"Get two sheets of paper. On the first one, spend a few minutes writing out the positive things about your spouse (or family member). Then do the same with negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and plan for each. At some point during the day, pick a positive attribute and thank your spouse for having this characteristic."

The above italicized text come from The Love Dare written by Stephen and Alex Kendrick

This one speaks for itself. Pray before you write and may God reveal the wonder and beauty of the one He chose for you to love and cherish.
Blessings,
Mary

Labels: