Lenten "Love Dare" ~ Day 8

How did yesterday go? Were you able to encourage your spouse and stay positive? My day got off to a very rocky start with my hubby but after spending some time in prayer, I was able to turn it over to God and He took care of us for the rest of the day. I am finding that as I go forward with this dare, my prayer life has deepened producing real fruit. God is slowly leading me on a closer walk with Him and I am grateful for it.

Day 8
Love is not jealous
"Love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire." Song of Solomon 8:6

"Because love is not selfish and puts others first, it refuses to let jealousy in. It leads you to celebrate the successes of your spouse rather than resenting them. A loving husband doesn't mind his wife being better at something, having more fun, or getting more applause. He sees her as completing him, not competing with him."

Today's Dare:
"Determine to become your spouse's biggest fan and to reject any thoughts of jealousy. To help you set your heart on your spouse and focus on their achievements, take yesterday's list of negative attributes and discreetly burn it. Then share with your spouse how glad you are about a success he or she recently enjoyed."
The above italicized text come from The Love Dare written by Stephen and Alex Kendrick

Labels: