endings and beginnings...

Tomorrow ends the "Year of St. Paul" and what a year it has been. In our family St. Paul has a special place. He is Jonathan's confirmation saint. When our pastor was interviewing Jonathan for his Confirmation six years ago he asked him why he chose St. Paul. Jonathan answered with his trademark frankness.


"Well Father if God could save such a HUGE sinner like St. Paul, then maybe I have a chance too."

Ah, my boy calls them like he sees them. I laugh every time I think about that interview. Because he's right. If God could save St. Paul and work with all his flaws to bring about His glory then maybe, just maybe he can work with all of mine. 

As for new beginnings, on Sunday I will begin a five year tenure as an Extraordinary Minister of the Eucharist at my parish. I am humbled at the thought of this new ministry. I am not worthy but by God's grace he has called and I answered. Please keep me in your prayers. I just don't want to trip or drop anything. I know silly things to pray about, but human all the same.

I think the song below expresses where we are today with all the challenges we have faced this past year as a family. These words say it all. I have been carried ALL my life and I do forget that all too quickly. God Is God and I am HIS!
St. Paul Pray for us!
Blessings, 
Mary



"Hope Now"
sung by 
Addison Road

If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours

(PRE-CHORUS)
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

(CHORUS)
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
This love sets me free

When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm

(CHORUS)
And everything rides on hope now
And everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
This love sets me free

You've become my hearts desire
I will sing Your praises higher
Cause Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free

(PRE-CHORUS)
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

(CHORUS)
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
This love sets me free

This love sets me free
Your love sets me free
This love sets me free
Your love sets me free 
Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free 

Labels: