7 quick takes friday (vol. 2)

So happy it's Friday! This week started out with lots of medical drama for Courtney and has ended with some peace of heart and mind. Thank goodness. So here's what's happening at Chez Lenaburg:

#1
God has once again revealed how powerful prayer can be. I am humbled and awed by His faithfulness to our family. We cannot thank all of you prayer warriors enough for all you have done for Courtney this week. It has been miraculous. Truly! To see what happened and where we go from here check out this post.

#2 
I was one proud Momma this week when my 19 year old son came home from his moving company job and shared a bit of a struggle he has been having at work. Apparently he has been faced with some interesting social situations. One gentleman (I use the word lightly) asked him why he had never been to a strip club. J's answer, "Since the only woman I ever plan on seeing naked is my wife and I know she's not there, I think I'll skip it." Not bad son. Nicely done.

#3
My daughter is a warrior. She has had a very rough few months and she stills smiles and laughs at her mommy even after the nurses have taken yet another vile of blood. Oh how I love this girl!

#4
I forgot how awesome it was to have a day with no doctors appointments. I actually folded laundry and baked some muffins. I couldn't stop smiling the WHOLE day! It also gave me a chance to catch up on my blog reading. Here is a great post on discipline over @Phases of Womanhood. Just fantastic!

#5
Went to see "The Ugly Truth" last night with hubby. I felt like a schizophrenic. One moment I was laughing and the next I was completely offended. It was a crass crude take on Cyrano de Bergerac. If this is what our young people are flocking to see, no wonder this world is so confused about real love. Sex does not equal love! Love does not equal sex! I am so glad there are a few young hero's out there spreading the Good News!

#6
Hatcherville in the House tonight!! Can't wait to spend time with my godson Peter and his family! It will be an evening of fabulous food and great fun! Life is good!

#7
I have been practicing my "pitch" for the National Catholic Writers Conference being held next week in New Jersey. If you feel so called...pray I don't throw up on the editors shoes!

Check out Jennifer@Conversion Diary for more fabulous 7 Quick Take Fridays!
Happy Weekend!
Mary

Labels: