it's not a good day when...

a. the doctor uses the word "lethal" to describe the current medical state of your daughter.

b. the doc then goes into detail about all the ways her seizures could end her life (hence the "lethal" comment)

c. then turns around and gives an alternative medical treatment in which 1-10% of all patients end up with aplastic anemia when they take said drug.

d. when your choices are to do nothing and watch her slip away over time (how much is in God's hands), take away some meds and deal with heavy grand-mal seizures again, but enjoy her being more present in between them, or try a new "cocktail" that may bring on leukemia.

Definitely NOT a good day filled with lots of choices to make, none of them good ones. So what does one do then...we pray.

Please join me in praying the Divine Mercy Novena beginning tomorrow 7/21/09 and ending 7/30/09. We will be praying for discernment and peace about which way we should go with Courtney's medical care plan. Please pass this prayer request along to everyone who wishes to join us. I thank you for carrying us through this difficult time. I have no doubt God will work through all things to bring about His glory.

Blessings,
Mary
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Divine Mercy Novena

I fly to Your Mercy, Compassionate God, Who alone are good. Although my misery is great and my offenses are many, I trust in Your Mercy because You are the God of Mercy, and it has never been heard of in all ages, nor do Heaven or Earth remember, that a soul trusting in Your Mercy has been disappointed.


(State your intentions)

Jesus, Friend of a lonely heart, You are my haven.
You are my peace.
You are my salvation.
You are my serenity in moments of struggle and amidst an ocean of doubts.
Amen

Labels: