no longer on the sidelines...

There has been so much said in the media about President Obama's health care plan. I have done so much reading on this topic, I really don't want to read anymore. However, that would not be prudent. So, I have gathered some of the best pieces I have seen in the blogosphere below. I find each of them to be compelling and thought provoking.

Chuck Norris
Mary Ellen Barrett
Lee Siegal.
John Mackey
Brian Saint Paul

As the mother of a profoundly disabled child, this issue is very near and dear to my heart. There are many things broken in our our current medical system. However, I do not believe we need a complete re-haul and I certainly do not agree with more government oversight. They are the ones who messed it up in the first place. Anyone who believes they will not have to wait for services under the new plan, has never been in a military hospital. Not pretty people. Not at all.

I am already familiar with the "panels" the President is suggesting. We have to submit to one each year with medicaid, to renew Courtney's benefits. Nothing is overlooked, nothing taken for granted. It is not pretty and the argument has been around for a LONG time. Check out Ronald Reagan in 1961:


So take a moment to read/listen to them and leave a comment letting me know what you think.

Blessings,
Mary

Labels: