small successes (vol.6)...


"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that. "

1. According to scripture, my body is a "temple of the Holy Spirit". As I have pondered this for many weeks, I have realized that my "temple" is in great need of renovation. So I began exercising yesterday for the first time in 7 months. All the stress of the summer has added a few walls to my temple that need to be torn down. So I will do my best to re-build a stronger, leaner space for God to work in.

2. I am a worrier, especially about my children. I have started a 30 day Novena for my son who is feeling academically overwhelmed and a bit lonely at school these days. I pray St. Joseph will guard, guide and encourage him to step out in faith and take a chance socially. I guess we as mothers never stop being mother's no matter how far away are children are. I ask for your prayers as well.

3. I cleaned the master bedroom from top to bottom, went through the closets and removed two bags of clothes that weren't being worn. My husband was surprised and thrilled with the gift of my service. I am just glad it's done.

To be encouraged by other small successes visit Faith and Family Live!
Blessings and Grace,
Mary

Labels: