Frohe Weihnachten! (Happy Christmas!)...

This morning the mail brought a wonderful treat. My ornament arrived from my lovely Holiday Traditions Exchange partner Joanna. I could not wait to tear open the package. Oh the joy at what I found!


I discovered that Joanna and I share a German heritage and many of the same traditions. She sent her Grandmother's Apple Strudel recipe. I can't wait to try it. I hope it turns out better than the last time I tried strudel. The pictures will help I am sure. It looks wonderful and reminds me so much of my Grandmother Steucken's kitchen. My mothers mother was a extremely talented baker and strudel was her specialty. Wish me luck!

It was accompanied by some yummy chocolates and a beautifully crafted woven heart shaped ornament that is actually a little bag that can be filled with those yummy chocolates or some gold coins for St. Nicholas. It is made of red and green plaid wool. The workmanship is top notch. I wish I could sew stitches as small and precise as Joanna has. I absolutely LOVE it!
Thank You my new friend, Joanna!
Frohe Weihnachten!
(Happy Christmas in German)

Labels: