today it's me and mama mary...



Today is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception and the one year anniversary of my consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I spent some time in prayer trying to decide what to do to commemorate this special day. It is recommended that you offer a sacrifice for the Blessed Lady and it finally came to me this weekend what she wanted me to do.

I have really struggled lately with parts of my vocation, primarily the physical upkeep of my home as well as spending quality time with my husband. I struggle at times with this new phase of life as J is away more and more and Courtney's daily needs increase. Trying to figure out where God wants me to be at times frustrates me as I pray for clarity in my decision making.

There are so many things that pull me out of my home, filling the calendar putting space between me and my family that I have to be very careful to maintain balance and the correct perspective. This has been on my heart so much in the past few months and I have been laying these concerns at the feet of my Lord and his Mother. I am learning to be quiet and listen to their direction.

Mary and her Son chose to speak through my hubby. He said something yesterday that helped see what was on his heart and I knew that I needed to make some changes. So today I will be living out my vocation in serving my husband and children with JOY. This is important because I do not enjoy housework. I like to bake, cook and even fold laundry. Cleaning however is NOT my favorite by a long shot. Doing it with JOY will take prayer and major intercession from Mama Mary and her boy.

I will be working my way through my house one room at a time cleaning and organizing keeping my husbands surprised and very pleased face on my mind the whole time. I will do this with Mary's help, praying and praising her and her Son with the work of my hands and the JOY in my heart. I can live out my vocation as wife, mother and keeper of the hearth for My Lady just as she did each and every day whether she felt like it or not.

So today it's me and Mama Mary. There will be LOTS of prayer, Mass and praise music. No computer (except the morning email check. I am writing this Monday night), no T.V. Just my God, my family and my home. My husband will have his favorite meal and his favorite dinner companions in his two favorite girls. His home will be clean and his wife will be fully present to him. I pray that the Blessed Lady will be pleased with my efforts to honor her. I know my husband will.
Blessings and Grace,
Mary

My Consecration
(renewal)
"I, . . ., a faithless sinner, renew and ratify today in thy Heart, O Immaculate Mother, the vows of my Baptism; I renounce forever Satan, his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before.

Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, in the presence of all the heavenly court, I choose thee this day for my Mother and Mistress. I deliver and consecrate to thee, and to thy Immaculate Heart, as thy child and slave of love, my body and soul, my goods, both interior and exterior, and even the value of all my good actions, past, present and future; leaving to thee the entire and full right of disposing of me, and all that belongs to me, without exception, according to thy good pleasure, for the greater glory of God, in time and in eternity. Amen."




Labels: