YOU are my strength and my song...

I woke up this morning feeling tired and overwhelmed. I am a worrier by nature and my heart has been heavy for the past few days with concerns over family and close friends. I feel a great need to "fix" things that are not in my power to fix. So instead of laying these worries at the foot of the cross, I packed up those burdens and have had them slung across my heart for days.
This morning my strength wained and the dam broke. I was dropping things and making messes. I was feeling generally out of sorts and kept snapping at everyone. So finally, I just stopped. I stopped, poured myself a cup of tea and sat down and read the days readings. I prayed and peace reigned in my heart once again.

I read this in my morning meditation from the Gospel of Matthew 15:29-37 ( The Word Among Us)

"Notice also that the apostles started with seven baskets, and they finished with seven baskets. It was Jesus’ way of saying that whenever we give to someone, relying on God’s resources, we will never run out. So these fragments weren’t really leftovers. They were part of his endless supply of blessings!

All of these points apply in a special way to the Eucharist, the Bread of Life that Jesus gives us every day at Mass. This bread, which is his body, is unlike any other food we could ever eat. It is perfect, lacking in nothing. It is full of God’s eternal, unlimited blessings. When we eat in faith, surrendering our hearts to Jesus, he fills us with everything we need. He satisfies our hearts’ desires. And he gives us plenty of “leftover” grace to share with everyone we will encounter. What a generous, loving God he is!

Prayer:
“Lord, I put all my trust in you. I know that you have the answers I am looking for. I believe that your body and blood can give me everything I am lacking. You are my strength and my song!”

The Lord is my strength and my song. His grace is sufficient in all things. He will guide my path if I just TRUST Him to do so. In this season of preparation and waiting, will I will allow His blessings to abundantly overflow in my heart? I must open that door each day and make room for the little one who came to save the world. I must decrease so that Jesus may increase. I think of it as a little Advent decluttering.

He loves us more than the sun, moon and the stars combined! He loves us more than we can ever imagine or wrap our minds around. This morning this is the song He sings to my heart. He LOVES me MORE and MORE and MORE! He loves you the same. So won't you raise your voice and sing with me...
Blessings,
Mary



More
written and sung by Matthew West

Take a look at the mountains
Stretching a mile high
Take a look at the ocean
Far as your eye can see
And think of Me

Take a look at the desert
Do you feel like a grain of sand?
I am with you wherever
Where you go is where I am

And I'm always thinking of you
Take a look around you
I'm spelling it out one by one

(Chorus)
I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine, and you shine for me too
I love you yesterday and today
And tomorrow, I'll say it again and again
I love you more

Just a face in the city
Just a tear on a crowded street
But you are one in a million
And you belong to Me

And I want you to know
That I'm not letting go
Even when you come undone

(Chorus)
I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine, and you shine for me too
I love you yesterday and today
And tomorrow, I'll say it again and again
I love you more
I love you more

Shine for Me
Shine for Me
Shine on, shine on
Shine for Me

(Chorus)
I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine, and you shine for me too
I love you yesterday and today
And tomorrow, I'll say it again and again
I love you more

(Chorus)
Than the sun
and the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine, and you shine for me too
I love you, yesterday and today
Through the joy and the pain
I'll say it again and again
I love you more
I love you more

And I see you
And I made you
And I love you more than you can imagine
More than you can fathom
I love you more than the sun
And you shine for me

Labels: