7 quick takes friday (vol. 19)...


1.
I would really like to know what Pandora's box I cracked open recently. This past week, I have spent an inordinate amount of time on my knees both for myself and others. So many people in my world are suffering with death, serious illness, lost jobs, parenting challenges, children with issues, etc...etc...etc...
As members of the body of Christ, we are called to pray for each other. I am reminded that we are "sheltering trees" of prayer. We must willingly hit our knees in support of each other. I praise God for His mercy and grace to send the healing hand of the Holy Spirit into the lives of those we pray for.
So what are your favorite prayers in times of crisis? Please leave a comment and let me know. I would appreciate all the help I can get to fight this spiritual battle.

2.
It's date night tonight. My hubby and I are actually going to give Hollywood a shot and check out this romantic comedy, When In Rome. I'll let you know how it is.




3.
This post by Kelly@This Restless Heart really spoke to me this week. It is difficult sometimes to remain authentic in this blogging world. Kelly has peeled back the curtain and revealed her soul. My heart broke for her and all those who suffer in this manner. God has a plan for all of us, it's just very hard to trust in that sometimes.

4.
My friend Kathy V. is an amazing woman. She is a wife and mother of six souls one of whom has significant special needs. She also just completed her MA in Theology so she is my go to woman for all those questions I have that hurt my brain. This week has been a challenging one for her as well. However, God sent her and angel names Eddie. Get the Kleenex box. Your gonna need it for this one.

Thanks Dad, So Very Much

5.
I Had spiritual direction this week and received my Lenten exercise. I am to read one chapter from the Gospel of Luke a day, followed by 15 minutes of silent contemplation. Gee, which do you think I will struggle with more...hmmmm...

6.
I have begun to gather my Lenten recipes in one place so I can be more efficient in the planning this year. We are about one month away from Ash Wednesday. I will be posting a few recipes as we go along. I would LOVE to know what your favorite Lenten recipes are. Feel free to leave a comment. I could use some inspiration.

7.
I thought this was the best round up on the State of the Union Address.
The Anchoress always hits her mark.

To be inspired by more 7 Quick Takes, stop by Jennifer's blog.
You don't want to miss out!
Blessings and Grace,
Mary

Labels: