for Harold...

I just received the news this evening that one of our fellow parishioners, Harold Brown was killed yesterday in Afghanistan with six other Americans by a suicide bomber. He was a lovely man with a beautiful wife and three children.

I will never forget him kissing my sweet Courtney at the parish picnic two years ago so pleased with the results of Courtney's Campaign. He was thrilled that we had our own "It's a Wonderful Life" ending to our financial difficulties. His wife Janet and their three children would sit behind us at the 11 am Mass some weeks. Clare their youngest at two reminded me so much of Jonathan at that age, always moving. I last saw him a few months ago when he was home for a few days. He and his wife were walking hand in hand into church, smiling enjoying each others company. I wished him Godspeed that day never realizing it would be the last time I saw him. I cannot imagine his families pain.

Please keep Janet and their children in your prayers over these next few weeks and months. May God be with them and all those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

"Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen."

Labels: ,