small successes (vol.24)...


"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."
Danielle Bean ~ Faith and Family LIVE!

1.
This one is not a small success at all but a HUGE answer to prayer thereby being a HUGE success. After working part-time four days a week as a substitute teacher at my daughters school for the past two years, this week my husband agreed to my working only one day a week instead. This is so unbelievable. I have felt more and more overwhelmed lately with Court's care, Jerry's increased work hours, my writing commitments as well as being in charge of all things home/budget related. I have been praying for guidance for so long and God chose to answer it in His time. So my challenge will be to stay on budget and on task with a cheerful content heart. I am looking forward to it.

2.
I have been patient and encouraging to J as he has adjusted to being home and all it entails. My job is to quietly pray, be supportive, and stay out of the way. So far, so good. I am proud of him and I know God has a hand on him.

3.
I made a special dinner for my husband last night as a surprise. J had a late class and we had the house to ourselves so I took full advantage. It was so lovely, it reminded me of our time as young marrieds. We talked for hours and reconnected after a difficult few weeks. God is good.

What were your Small Successes this week? Come on over to Faith and family LIVE! to see what all the fuss is about.

Blessings and Grace,
Mary

Labels: