small successes (vol.32)...the emergency room edition

FaithButton



"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."
Danielle Bean @ Faith and Family LIVE!

I am a little late posting this but feel the need to celebrate nonetheless. I had a completely different list and then this morning my world was put into a blender and fired up. Courtney had a really tough night with four seizures in six hours. Each one was at least three minutes and she has started to turn blue for about 30 seconds at the height of the seizure which just heightens the stress on her body and her Mommas heart.

So this morning after discovering she had a slight fever, I called her pediatrician and we made the decision to head off to the ER to make sure were not fighting another UTI. Jer was already at work and J-man was off to take an exam and I was left scrambling for another set of hands to help me with Miss Courtney.

That said here are my successes:

1.
I got out my emergency call list and got lucky on call number four. My sweet friend Cathy B. was able to meet us at the ER and spent the fist four hours with us. She was a gift from God and blessed me and my daughter with her laughter and sweet nature. My success?? The emergency list actually helped. Proper prior planning actually worked. My momma would be proud!

2.
My second success was the fact that for once there was no wait in the ER. I mean NO WAIT! We went right back and were scene within 20 minutes. The staff was superb and so very sweet. The hardest part was putting the IV in and getting blood. That took two blood technicians, Cathy and myself to hold Court and a nurse on standby in case of a seizure. Then Miss Courtney spent the next three hours taking off every single lead and monitor OFF. It was amazing to watch. She did not want to be there and boy howdy did she let her Momma know it. Teenagers! LOL!

The final results of our lovely ER visit...low potassium. Courtney is like a finely tuned sports car. If one thing is off the whole machine shuts down. So the success is that they were able to find what the issue was quickly and we were able to treat it. Yay God!

3.
My final ER success...my husband called to check in on our grand adventure and he is bringing dinner home. That is the best ending to my day.

Head on over to FaithandFamily LIVE! to encourage and celebrate the small successes of life.

Blessings and Grace,
Mary


Labels: ,