hold fast...

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

Things are hoppin this week here in Lenaburgland so posting will be lighter. I have so much to share with you though I knew I needed to post a HUGE PRAISE! God is so good and He continues to work his healing magic in our home. Miss Courtney gained one and a half pounds this week and is now 105 pounds! WOOHOO! Her BMI is now almost 14%. Such welcome news to this very tired and often frustrated Mamma.

The docs still don't know what the underlying issues were that caused Court's weight loss but at this point no news is good news so we will take it. She still has five more pounds to go to make the Gastro team happy and we continue to covet your prayers for her. God sustains our girl helping Jerry and I work through each medical challenge as it presents itself. Life with this child is a grand adventure and sometimes there are moments when the floor drops beneath me and I am grasping at any surface to save myself from impending doom.

As is always the case, the only thing I can do is hold fast to My Savior and cling to Him relying solely on his wisdom and strength to persevere in whatever situation I find myself in with Courtney. He continues to slowly reveal the wonder of this child that sadly the world does not see. Her momma does though. I see it in her strength to breathe through a seizure. I see it in her ability to smile while another vile of blood is taken. I see it when a friends two little girls, ages three and five, argue over who gets to help push Courtney down the path while Courtney giggles. They see her wonder.

I praise God for the privilege of being her Momma through the good, bad and really stinkin awful. I hold fast because baby its one bumpy ride!

Blessings and Grace,
Mary
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




"Hold Fast"
Mercy Me

To everyone who's hurting
To those who've had enough
To all the undeserving
That should cover all of us
Please do not let go
I promise there is hope

Hold fast
Help is on the way
Hold fast
He's come to save the day
What I've learned in my life
One thing greater than my strife
Is His grasp
So hold fast

Will this season ever pass?
Can we stop this ride?
Will we see the sun at last?
Or could this be our lot in life?
Please do not let go
I promise you there's hope

Hold fast
Help is on the way
Hold fast
He's come to save the day
What I've learned in my life
One thing greater than my strife
Is Your grasp
So hold fast

You may think you're all alone
And there's no way that anyone could know
What you're going through
But if you only hear one thing
Just understand that we are all the same
Searching for the truth
The truth of what we're soon to face
Unless someone comes to take our place
Is there anyone?
All we want is to be free
Free from our captivity, Lord
Here He comes

Hold fast
Help is on the way
Hold fast
He's come to save the day
What I've learned in my life
One thing greater than my strife
Is Your grasp
So hold fast

Labels: ,