i heart cooking clubs ~ mushrooms w/garlic


When I saw that this weeks I Heart Cooking Clubs challenge was all about garlic, I did a little happy dance in my kitchen. For an Irish woman I have an uncanny obsession with garlic. I don't just love it, I L..O..V..E.. it! It makes me so happy when I am chopping, mincing and sauteing this fabulous wonderful little root vegetable. It just permeates the air, so sweet and ahhh...can't you just smell it now?

I thoroughly enjoyed looking through one Mark Bittman cookbook after another trying to find something simple and packed with garlic dreaminess. When I came across Mushrooms with Garlic in Bittman's How to Cook Everything I knew I had a winner. So simple and just jam packed with garlicky wonderfulness. I truly think that a little piece of soul much be Italian. This recipe was just divine with the beef tenderloin I served it with but I can just imagine it with a lovely baked chicken breast.

YUMMMM!!!

Celebrate the Feast!
Mary
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark Bittman's Pan Mushrooms
from How to Cook Everything

Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1 pound assorted mushrooms
1/4 cup white wine
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. When the oil is hot, add mushrooms and a pinch or two of salt to coax out the moisture. Cook 10-15 minutes, or until tender.

2. Add the wine and let it bubble away, about 1 minute.

3. Turn heat to low, add parsley and garlic, and cook for one minute longer. Remove from heat, transfer to a plate or shallow bowl, and allow to cool about 1 hour.

Labels: