i heart cooking clubs ~ strawberries with swedish cream


Last weeks I Heart Cooking Clubs theme was a Movie Night. We were challenged to come up with unique snacks for a family movie night. When I saw the price of some lovely locally grown strawberries at the store I knew I had my main ingredient. Now, what to do with them? I turned to Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times and after rummaging through for a bit hit the jackpot. Strawberries and Cream Baby! Oh what a combination.

This particular recipe tastes a bit like creme fraiche, a little tart, a little sweet and oh so good. It came together in about 3 minutes flat. That quick! My guys loved them. What a lovely light snack for our Movie Night. It fit perfectly with the evening's selection, "Young Victoria". If you haven't seen it, Netlix it! It was wonderful!

Celebrate the Feast!
Mary


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strawberries with Swedish Cream

from Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the NYTimes
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1 quart strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
sugar or honey to taste

1. Whip the sweet cream until it holds soft peaks, then fold it into the sour cream; add strawberries to taste or top a bowl of fresh strawberries with it.

Labels: