small successes (vol.36)...

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."
Danielle Bean @ Faith and Family LIVE!

1.
My first success this week is that I made it through an ENTIRE aerobic program on the exercise bike without actually passing out, falling off or giving up. Thirty minutes of varying speeds and resistance taking me to the third ring of hell and back all the while huffing and puffing and sweating like a large barnyard animal. It was NOT pretty people but I did it!! Now to have the courage to do it again and again and again.

2.
I had spiritual direction this week and although it was difficult, I learned so much. It's time to get back to basics in all aspects of my life, especially in with my daily prayer life and formation. I am reminded of when I was in grade school and we had to write scripture passages over and over again so that we would remember them. Well it's no different now.
Pray, read, listen for that still small voice and pray again.
It's Bible Boot Camp baby and I am all in.

3.
I went out last evening to water and found this:


...my very first rose of the season! This is a huge success because I usually kill things. When I begged my husband to let me try again and plant a few rose bushes I prayed, read everything I could about roses and then prayed some more so they would make it. I am so excited!

Head on over to FaithandFamilyLIVE to read more successes. Let's encourage and support one another!

Blessings and Grace.
Mary

Labels: