tasty tuesday...pepper jelly pork loin

Tasty Tuesday
Tasty Tuesday has arrived once again. Join me over at City Wife, Country Life for some fabulous recipes.
This was a new one for me. It's from one of my favorite bulk cooking cookbooks Fix, Freeze, Feast. I really like this cookbook. The title says it all. The simplicity of once a month cooking comes alive in it's pages and the marinades have not disappointed me yet. This particular recipe can be used with pork chops or a pork loin roast. I have done both with equally good results. It's a fabulous recipe for the grill as well. Next time I may even try it with chicken.

Celebrate the Feast!
Mary
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Pepper Jelly Pork Chops
from Fix, Freeze, Feast

This is a bulk cooking recipe. I have not changed the amounts.

Ingredients:
1 tray (6-8 pounds or 12 chops) pork loin or chops, boneless or bone-in
1 cup jalapeno pepper jelly, such as Tabasco brand
2 tablespoons brown mustard
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme

3 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled

Directions:
Rinse and divide chops evenly among the freezer bags.

Whisk together pepper jelly, mustard, vinegar, oil, and thyme. Divide marinade evenly over the chops.

Seal and Freeze

To Make:
Completely thaw.

Grill or broil until thickest part of the pork is 160 degrees, about 15 to 18 minutes for chops, 23-25 minutes for pork loin.

Labels: