small successes (vol.39)...

FaithButton

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."
Danielle Bean @ Faith and Family LIVE!

1.
I started a six weeks course on theology with several members of the youth ministry core team at my parish. Even though I am no longer involved with the day to day happenings with the youth, I still cook for the group a few times a year and was invited to take part. Did I ever tell you that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer and situations like these intimidate the heck out of me?

You would be proud of me though because I jumped in and didn't think about it too long. We are going through Theology for Beginners by Frank Sheed. The idea came from team members seeking to strengthen their own knowledge about church teachings to be able to share the same perspective when dealing with the youth and all of their questions.

I appreciate these efforts because my own catechises was really weak. Sunflowers and rainbows do not meet the need of today's world when it comes to God and the really challenging questions about life. After the first meeting I feel like my brain is on injured reserve but I know that the muscle will strengthen as we soldier on. I am so outside my comfort zone but I guess that's where God wants me for now.

2.
I have begun to make a plan to re-paint the house one room at a time. I have started an inspiration board to help me with the planning. My husband is afraid. Very, very afraid.
LOL!

3.
I have turned back to Our Lady for some daily quiet time after falling out of the habit of saying the rosary. Such a peaceful prayer and incredibly fruitful.

Head on over to FaithandFamilyLIVE! to read more successes. Let's encourage and support one another!

Blessings and Grace.
Mary

Labels: