crazy insane monday...

The alarm clock went off at 5:30 a.m. and it has been a race since then. It is now 6:15 p.m. and I am sitting down for the first time today. Ahhhh...it must be a Monday.

First I helped hubby finish packing for his trip, then I got Courtney bathed and dressed followed by a quick bowl of cereal.

Then Jerry went to the airport, Jonathan to class and Court and I were off to our Gastroenterology appointment. That took two and a half hours most of which was finding a parking space and waiting to be seen by the doc. After a mere 20 min appointment, doc was happy and I was happy and we were off once more.

Back home to change and feed the beautiful blonde one and then it was time for the days big adventure. Driving downtown with J-man so he could take pictures of some famous building for a project he is working on in his summer class. Normally he would just go himself but he needed someone to take pictures of him in front of the buildings to prove to his professor that he actually visited and took the pictures himself.

Did I mention that I hate driving in DC. I mean I hate it. All those traffic circles and one way streets make me crazy. What I expected to take only two hours turned into five because SURPRISE, SURPRISE I got lost about three different times.

I stayed fairly calm and prayed and prayed then prayed some more. We finally found our way to where we needed to be and made it out of DC in time for all the lovely afternoon traffic leaving the city.

After crawling along for what seemed like three weeks we made our way back toward home and stopped at the grocery store. We were out of T.P. which in our world qualifies as a national emergency so there was no getting out of it.

I was starving  and just about passed out when I walked in and smelled rosemary garlic bread baking. I could identify that fragrance from across the state I love it so. You should never go to the grocery store hungry. It's bad, very bad! As I passed through the prepared food section I just wanted to dive in I was salivating.

Not to worry though...only one pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream made in into the basket. No bread, no cupcakes, so I'm not feeling so bad about the ice cream!

After we purchased our precious T.P., ice cream and a few other perishables, we were off to the dry cleaners to drop off and then one more errand and HOME babY HOME!

Now all I want to do is go to bed. Unfortunately there is still dinner to make, dishes to do, laundry to fold and a cute blond ones to read to and snuggle with.

The last part I'm actually looking forward to.

How did your day go?

Labels: ,