tasty tuesday...angel hair pasta w/sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese


I have recently discovered that I LOVE goat cheese. I love it warmed. I love it fried. I love it cold and crumbled or melted and smooth. I just love, love, love it. So any time I have an opportunity to cook with it I am a happy, happy girl. 

I was thumbing through my Giada cookbooks last week and came across this little gem. O Happy day...goat cheese and pasta. A marriage made in heaven. Throw in a little sautéed onion and baby kiss me some more! Wowza! It's light and comes together quickly. The cheese melts into the warm pasta and makes the sauce even creamier. So good!!

Celebrate the Feast!
Mary

This weeks recipe is being shared with Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and City Wife Country Life! Head on over to their blogs and check out other fabulous recipes.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel Hair w/ Sun-dried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Ingredients:
1 (10-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped (oil reserved)
1 small onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup tomato paste
2/3 cup dry white wine
8 ounces angel hair pasta
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, coarsely crumbled
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves

Directions:
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the wine and sun-dried tomatoes and simmer until the liquid reduces by half, about 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the tomato mixture and toss to coat, adding some reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the goat cheese and parsley and stir. Mound the pasta into bowls and serve.

Labels: