small successes (vol.49)...

FaithButton
"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."
Danielle Bean @ Faith and Family LIVE!

1.
Yesterday was such a fabulous day. Courtney turned 18 and we took her to the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception in DC where I read to her all of your wonderful birthday wishes. 
My success? Well it was pouring cats and dogs yesterday and the traffic was beyond atrocious. It took us two hours to get downtown! Normally it only takes 45 min. We listened to praise and worship music the whole way down so I did not totally lose my mind. Courtney smiled and hummed right along and we all stayed happy, happy, happy!

2.
I have stuck to me "no eating after 7 p.m. rule" and it has helped me to break the "I'm bored" snack attacks that can be so overwhelming when I am tired. 

3.
I said "no" to a volunteer request. It was harder than I thought, but I am OK with the result. This new time/talent/treasure "budget plan" might not be as difficult as I thought. Trying to preserve my couple time/family time/writing time is important so I had better get used to saying it more often.

Blessings and Grace.
Mary

Labels: