|tower of goodness!|
These cookies are one of Jerry's favorites. They are creamy and crunchy with a hint of lemon. I adapted the recipe to contain white chocolate chips because you know everything is better with chocolate!
Celebrate the Feast!
Lemon White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
adapted from Mrs. Fields
2 c All-purpose flour
1/2 ts Baking soda
1/4 ts Salt
1 c Light brown sugar, packed
1/2 c White sugar
1/2 c Salted butter, softened
4 oz Cream cheese, softened
1 Large egg
zest of one lemon
2 ts Pure lemon extract
1 1/2 c Whole macadamia nuts
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well with wire whisk and set aside.
3. In a large bowl blend sugars well with an electric mixer set at medium speed. Add the butter and cream cheese, and mix to form a smooth paste. Add the egg and lemon extract, and beat at medium speed until light and soft. Scrape down sides of bowl occasionally.
4. Add the flour mixture and macadamia nuts. Blend at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
6. Bake 23 to 25 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies with spatula to a cool flat surface.
Labels: In the Kitchen