tasty tuesday ~ roasted vegetable minestrone


It has been raining for a few days her in Northern VA and there is a definite chill in the air. Life has been crazy busy lately and I knew I needed to make something healthy and quick for dinner last night. I went through my fridge to see what I had on hand and then went to find a recipe that would work.

Enter The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. Last week she posted a recipe for minestrone. My guy loves minestrone and I knew I could score some serious brownie points on this cold rainy day if I served a hot bowl of soup and warm crusty bread. 

SCORE! Let me tell you, with the added roasted vegetables this soup is so rich you do not miss the traditional bacon or pancetta that every other minestrone recipe I have made calls for. Not only that but I had the soup on the table in 30 minutes. Seriously! It was that good AND that quick. 

The Pioneer Woman ROCKS!

Celebrate the Feast!
Mary

You can get the recipe here. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This weeks recipe is being shared with Balancing Beauty and Bedlam Raising Homemakers and City Wife Country Life as well as Frugality and Crunchiness w/ Christy! Head on over to their blogs and check out other fabulous recipes.

H‘nSFCC

Mary L. on Foodista

Labels: