multitude monday meets the rhythm of home

I am going to introduce a new feature here at Passionate Perseverance. For the last three years I have been reading different bloggers Daybooks. These provide a little glimpse at their daily lives, what they are thinking about, reading and working on in their homes. I love them. I just think it's cool to get a little peek into someone else's world that is completely different from mine. People fascinate me, so I thought I would give it a shot. This is an amalgamation of what I have seen other people post on. I will put this up either Sunday night or Monday morning of each week.

Welcome to The Rhythm of Home.


If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness.
It will change your life mightily.
~Gerald Good

Outside My Window
Darkness. Daylight Savings time has begun and I was so grateful for that extra hour of snooze time this morning. It always takes me a bit of time to get used to the earlier sunsets. It's not even 7 p.m. and it's pitch black outside. 

I am Listening to
Jerry read to Miss Courtney. She giggles from time to time when he changes voices on her. Fox In Socks is one of her all time favorites.
Jonathan is doing dishes and listening to something loud with lots of electric guitar. He's humming right along and the kitchen is getting cleaned so I really don't mind at all.

I am Wearing
Yoga pants that are two sizes smaller than last year thank you very much and an oversized long sleeve t-shirt. Comfort is the name of the game when it comes to folding laundry and watching Sunday Night Football.

I am Blessed by and Grateful for
#61~ My son Jonathan who had the guts for the last two weekends in October to dress in a penguin suit and help out one of his instructors with the Burke Lake Ghost Train. He danced the Cotton-Eyed-Joe and entertained many a small person. It was hysterical to watch. I am not sure who had more fun, the little people pr the one dressed like Happy Feet!

Happy Feet on steroids!
#62~ Brothers. They exasperated me when they were younger but now they are a huge blessing in my life. I have six handsome wonderfully generous brothers and some days it feels like I won the lottery. Until we start playing games and then all bets are off! Blessing or not this girl is in it to win it!

#63~ pumpkin puree and all the goodness than can be created from it

#64~ electricity and a working washing machine

#65~ little people who let me read them four Curious George books in a row. I love that little monkey!

I am Pondering
"Virtue is nothing without the trial of temptation, for there is no conflict without an enemy, no victory without strife."
~St. Leo the Great

"We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success; nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone."
~St. Frances Xavier Cabrini

I am Reading
Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living
A Simple Amish Christmas by Vanetta Chapman(review will come this week)
The Reversal by Michael Connelly
The Bible

I am Creating With My Hands Something of Beauty
Courtney's Christmas dress. It's a deep red with flowers embroidered in black. The neckline is simple and I have lengthened the skirt to cover her adequately in her wheelchair. I promise pictures when I'm done.

On My Ipod
Christian artist Natalie Grants new CD Love Revolution
The title alone just makes me smile. MY favorite song though is a bonus track called "Song to the King". It's a powerful thank you note to Our Redeemer and Lord for all He has done for us.
How can we every repay Him she asks in a beautiful melody?
With our lives.
 This world needs a little Love Revolution!

I am Writing
A post for CNA on confession
re-writing the opening chapter of the memoir
excel spreadsheets with lists...lots of lists...

Towards Rhythm and Beauty in My Home This Week
I am still adjusting to my new schedule working four days a week subbing at Courtney's school. I need to tweek my cleaning schedule since I am out of the house more than I thought I would be. I will feel better and less stressed when I have that figured out.
My workout schedule is fab. 5:30 a.m. is tough at times but it is working. Mornings are definitely my best time.
Have to get a handle on email and meeting deadlines for different commitments. I am behind as usual getting back to people. I need to figure out a more efficient way to accomplish these things ON TIME.

Living the Liturgy Daily
B and B
"Bible before breakfast, Bible before bed"
St. Leo the Great feast day is Wednesday and one of my favorites St. Francis Xavier Cabrini on Saturday.

I am Hoping and Praying For
~ Praising God for Baby Bryce who is now two weeks old and doing so well. I pray he continues to sleep well for Momma.
~ Praising God for Baby Joséphine Marie, so beautiful
~ My dear cousin K who miscarried this weekend at five months, devastating
~ Michael a sweet little two-year-old who has autism
~ for J as he completes his PhD application - God's will be done
~ several friends who are struggling with college age children and marriages that are strained.
Blessed Mother be with them all.

In the Garden
The last rose has bloomed and the berry bushes are looking scary. I think I need to transplant the azaleas. They aren't looking so hot either. I have so much to learn about this aspect of homemaking.

In the Kitchen
The great Thanksgiving Menu debate has begun. There are the classic recipes that appear on the table every year and then there are the new kids on the block. This year it will be a new dessert, side dish and appetizer. So the magazines have been  dog eared and cookbooks riffled through.
Decisions, decisions, decisions...

A Few of my Favorite Things
sweaters, soft and comfy
slippers with lambs wool
Courtney's curls that were trimmed this week. So sweet.

Courtney's World
She is doing really well right now. No major seizure in about four weeks. Incredible! More proof of the power of prayer.
We went shoe shopping last week and I think we finally found some shoes she can't wiggle out of at church thereby using them as a weapon at church. So far so good. She has been working on hitting her switch at school to participate more in her environment. She did really well in her walker last week. She took a few steps on her own. This is the first time she has done that in months. She has also been "singing" at the top of her lungs lately. She is one loud young lady. When she gets going...watch out!

enjoying a day in the park
Daddy giving a little love at the park.
Thanks to Ann@Holy Experience for hosting Multitude Mondays.


holy experience


Labels: ,