tasty tuesday ~ chicken zucchini casserole

crunchy chickeny goodness
I'm sure right now all your thinking about is how you will possibly get through the most important meal of the year on Thursday. When I was thinking of what to post this week I knew I wanted something that was versatile and cost effective given the time of year. I dug deep into my recipe stash and hit pay dirt with this gem. It's got flavor, lots of veggies and a little crunch for good measure. You can also use leftover turkey meat instead of chicken.

This reminds me of my Mom's stick to your ribs cooking growing up. She could make miracles happen with a can of cream of mushroom soup. When I made this recipe I was smiling the whole time because my Momma was with me while I chopped and stirred and baked.

Thanks Mom for teaching me the the lessons of what makes a great casserole!

Celebrate the Feast!
Mary
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This weeks recipe is being shared with Balancing Beauty and Bedlam Raising Homemakers and City Wife Country Life , The King's Court IV as well as Frugality and Crunchiness w/ Christy! Head on over to their blogs and check out other fabulous recipes.

H‘nSFCC




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sorry for the blurr but it was quite yummy...for real...

Chicken Zucchini Casserole Recipe
recipe from Taste of Home

Ingredients:
1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
3/4 cup butter, melted
3 cups diced zucchini
2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix and butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add the zucchini, chicken, soup, carrot, onion and sour cream to the remaining stuffing mixture.
Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. 
Mary L. on Foodista

Labels: