the rhythm of home ~ love and devotion

Outside My Window ~
A beautiful sunny February morning. Happy Valentine's Day! It's cold but I can't feel it here on my warm cozy couch. Courtney is sitting next to me wrapped in her favorite red blanket, smiling and happy.   We stayed home today because of a doctor's appointment in the middle of the school day so she will miss all the special activities at school. That just means Momma will need to make it even more special here at home. Not a problem.  

I am Listening To ~
The washing machine moving through the rinse cycle, the dishwasher cleaning last nights dishes, and the iPod is playing the new Josh Wilson CD. He is such a fabulous lyricist. 

I am Wearing ~
My workout clothes. I have a date with the exercise bike upstairs before showering and heading out with Court for our appointment. Spandex is not my friend so I will refrain from further description. You may be eating when you read this and I don't want you to lose your appetite. LOL!

I am Blessed and Grateful For ~
#143 - #155:
* teachers and staff members who love my girl as if she were their own
* a husband who embodies the old saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach"
* the kitchen skills to meet the above challenge
* a son who is willing to make a late night coffee run even when he would rather stay in just because his Mom asked him to.
* a healing hug for a friend who is mourning a loss
* green engineering paper filled with words of love and devotion from the one who holds my heart
* books filled with words that inspire and encourage the heart
* patient friends who listen, just listen
* wool socks made with love
* extra marshmallows
* Valentines Cards with glitter and glue
* FB that keeps me connected with friends and family spread across the world
* chocolate, the darker the better

I am Pondering ~
"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labours of a spasmodic Hercules."
A. Trollope
 "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's heaven for?"
Robert Browning
"Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing or that, but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing." 
William Butler Yeats

I am Reading ~
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
Song of Renewal by Emily Sue Harvey
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp 
Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort of Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach
The One Year Women's Friendship Devotional by Cheri Fuller and Sandra P. Aldrich

I am Creating Something of Beauty with My Hands ~
My new "sewing buddy" Emma in NY (Hi Emma!!) and I have begun to make a plan. The first project we will work through will be an Oliver and S Pattern bedtime story pajamas sewing pattern. I am excited to see what we can accomplish.

On My iPod ~
There are so many books I want to read this month, that I decided to listen to Mansfield Park while I am in the car. That way my sofa time can be spent reading other things. I am loving the British reader. Her voice is just a delight to listen to.

I am Writing ~
...on the memoir...plodding away...slowly but surely...

Towards Rhythm and Beauty in my Home this Week ~
Now that I am working I have restructured the cleaning schedule for the house. So far it is working really well. One room a day, bathrooms and kitchen floors on Saturday.
Now I need to get back upstairs and finish the sewing room/office so I have a peaceful space to create in.   One day at a time, one task at a time.

Living the Liturgy Daily ~
I think we have decided what the family is doing for Lent. I feel good about the choices. I will share in a separate post. I have been getting up at 5 a.m. for the last two weeks to read scripture and pray. It is making a HUGE difference in my daily life. I am more centered and calm, more patient as well. This is a good thing, a very good thing. 

I am Hoping and Praying for ~
* for Courtney who is suffering once more three to four seizures a day. They are scary and take so much from my girl. Your prayers would be appreciated. 

* for Egypt and it's people. May God guide them as they pursue a democratic future

* for a return to civility with the political discourse in this country. Words have power and people need to be personally responsible for the words and deeds. "Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness." Mother Teresa

* for my cousin Anne who is deployed to Afghanistan and our family friend Gerard at Marine Boot Camp in Paris Island. May God protect all those who serve this wonderful nation.

*for Jerry's Dad who is recovering from surgery on his foot. My God grant patience to my mother-in-law and peaceful healing to Don. It's going to be a long two months I think.

* for those I hold close to my heart that are suffering from depression or anxiety. That God's healing grace will seep into every part of their life relieving them of these issues.

* for someone dear to me who is expecting once more. That God may protect both Momma and little one. 

*for Caleb and his Momma and Daddy. That they may feel hope once more in the midst of great sacrifice. 

* for those who are searching for their purpose in this world. That God may grant them a passionate perseverance to discover His plan for them.

*for Suzanne at church who prays for my girl, just because

*for a special intention

"Pray, Hope and Don't Worry" ~ Padre Pio 

In the Garden ~
The plans for the garden continue. It's a little intimidating but I think we can do it. It's going to be a challenge and an adventure. 

In the Kitchen ~
Weekly menus are saving me when I am too tired to think at 5:30 after a long day at work and anticipating more work after dinner. The crock pot is my best friend!!

Courtney's World ~
Court had a good weekend. Lots of smiles and happy chatter. She is seizing 2-4 times a day but they are stating under 5 minutes. We meet the new neurologist on Wednesday afternoon. I look forward to meeting him. I pray he can help my girl.
Miss Courtney is holding steady with her weight hanging between 103-105 pounds. We keep trying to add more but she is a stubborn young lady. I wish I could join her on her eating binges. Unfortunately her Momma has to watch what she's eating. Bathing suit season is fast approaching. Ick!

A Picture Thought ~
Beautiful Valentine's Day tulips from my guy! 


                 

Labels: ,