the rhythm of the home ~ still learning...

Outside My Window ~
I'm not looking at the moment but the sun was out for most of the day and it was glorious to see. It gives me hope that Spring will actually come...before June!

I am Listening To ~
Miss Courtney has something to say this evening. The Super Bowl is on TV and she is yelling at the top of her lungs. I can't tell if she is enjoying the Packers in the lead or if she is irritated. She is smiling from ear to ear so it must be she is happy the Packers are in the lead. The Black Eyed Peas  are making her smile although I don't know why. I guess it's the beat of the music. Anyway, it makes me laugh when she is so determined to speak her mind!

I am Wearing ~
NOT yoga pants! I know, I can't believe it either. I have on a pair of jeans, a s=cardigan and long sleeve t-shirt with the softest, comfiest, wooliest socks. I love these socks...awesome!

I am Blessed and Grateful For ~
#134 - buck tooth smiles and a riot of curls
#135 ~ an efficient emergency room staff and friends that pray at the moment they receive the phone call.
#136 ~ the sun shining for the first time in days sending healing hope into my heart that Spring may actually arrive
#137 ~ my daughter's smile
#138 ~ my husbands determination and grit to live out his dream
#139 ~  Sunday spent with the ones I hold closest to my heart
#140 ~ a clean and orderly workspace
#141~ Superbowl commercials that don't make me cringe or offend my sensibilities
#142 ~ organically grown hog that graces my table

I am Pondering ~
 "Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen."
Hebrews 13:20-21 

 "Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need."
Philippians 4:11-12


I am Reading ~
Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah
The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by
Gretchen Rubin 
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp 
Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort of Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach
The One Year Women's Friendship Devotional by Cheri Fuller and Sandra P. Aldrich

I am Creating Something of Beauty with My Hands ~
I have a new "sewing buddy" to help keep me on track. I am energized, excited and ready to go...now to create...  

On My iPod ~
I have been listening to WOW 2011 a compilation of the best 20 or so Christian Pop songs of the year. There are several new artists that I have not heard before. It's always nice to find a new voice that you love especially when they are praising the Lord God.

I am Writing ~
...on the memoir. I re-wrote Chap.2-3 this weekend. I had to break up with the "was" and fell madly in love with his brother "-ed". I am sure that my favorite English teacher of all times, Mrs. Loftus would scream in horror if she saw my rough drafts. Grammar and I are not on very good terms. 

Towards Rhythm and Beauty in my Home this Week ~
Jerry and I deep cleaned our bedroom this weekend from top to bottom and even went through the closet. I absolutely love the results and feel so much more peace while in the room now. It's amazing how a little re-org will make you feel.We also cleaned the kitchen and scrubbed the floors and cabinet fronts. It's my office ya know...gotta sparkle!
Tomorrow it's time to address Miss Court's room. Magic will happen...I can feel it.  
One day, one task at a time. 

Living the Liturgy Daily ~
Jerry and I have been discussing our family's Lenten sacrifice. I think this year we will be trying something a little different. I am actually a little excited about it. I know. It seems a bit odd to be excited about Lent but I am. 

I am Hoping and Praying for ~
* for Courtney who is suffering once more three to four seizures a day. They are scary and take so much from my girl. Your prayers would be appreciated. 

* for the victims of the violence in Egypt, for the safety of those fighting for a better life that God's hand of peace be present to all

* for a return to civility with the political discourse in this country. Words have power and people need to be personally responsible for the words and deeds. "Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness." Mother Teresa

* for my cousin Anne who is deployed to Afghanistan and our family friend Gerard who has begun Marine Boot Camp in Paris Island. May God protect all those who serve this wonderful nation.

*for Jerry's Dad who is recovering from surgery on his foot. My God grant patience to my mother-in-law and peaceful healing to Don. It's going to be a long two months I think.

* for those I hold close to my heart that are suffering from depression or anxiety. That God's healing grace will seep into every part of their life relieving them of these issues.

* for someone dear to me who is expecting once more. That God may protect both Momma and little one. 

*for Caleb and his Momma and Daddy. That they may feel hope once more in the midst of great sacrifice. 

* for C2 and all the questions that are weighing on her heart. That God may answer each one with a clear and concise voice.

* for those who are searching for their purpose in this world. That God may grant them a passionate perseverance to discover His plan for them.

"Pray, Hope and Don't Worry" ~ Padre Pio 

In the Garden ~
The ground is covered in snow, trees are broken and more bad weather is on the way...but...my friend Pat has agreed to help me with my square foot gardening plan. I am so excited I can't wait!!

In the Kitchen ~
Some fabulous ideas percolating in the kitchen. Soup and crock pot meals. bacon for dessert...craziness! More details will follow...be patient.

Courtney's World ~
Long week for my girl. The seizures continue to come 3-4 times a day. It just breaks my heart but my girl is a strong one. She fights each one and still manages to smile at the end of it. I know God has a plan but I will admit that at times I just don't get it. I really don't. With today's breakthroughs in medicine and technology it astounds me that there is nothing that we can do for her. It always comes down to trust in God and HIS plan...not mine. You would think I would have that down by now...not so much...the struggle continues.

A Picture Thought ~
my husband made me post another picture of the ribs from
last night...so stinkin good!




Labels: , ,