the rhythm of home ~ HE is RISEN!!

Outside My Window ~
..it is a beautiful Spring day! the ground is still wet from last night's thunderstorms and I think there are more on the way. I could choke on the pollen of course but then that's par for the course this time of year. Everything is blooming and the birds are chirping. We have a little bird nest in one of my hanging plants. The momma just sits and sings most mornings. I am so happy to watch the world come alive after a very long winter. 
three last week...this morning four little eggs...
I am Listening To ~
...quiet...Miss Court and I are playing hookie from school this morning and I must say I am enjoying the slower start to my day. She is still peacefully sleeping so I can write. It won't be that way for long though.

I am Wearing ~
Jeans, a knit tunic, and flip flops!! Love that I can wear flip flops once more! Oh happy feet!!

I am Blessed and Grateful For ~
#232 ~ #268:



*snuggles with Courtney that lead to lots of giggles for both of us.


*humbly asking forgiveness for speaking out of turn
*receiving forgiveness...God is ever merciful
*for learning always learning to keep my lips sealed and my mind alert to what I am to do next.
*for an open heart that wounds easily but loves unconditionally
*for lovely woman who share their creative talents with me
*for a peaceful heart humbled by disappointment
*a newly minted one year old Godson
*a husband who is willing to dig in the dirt to bring a smile to his wifes face
*spring flowers, blueberry and raspberry bushes ready to sweeten our daily living
*prayers answered so generously
*time spent picking out the perfect little baby gifts to welcome new wee ones
*new shoes. colorful, happy make me want to dance shoes.
*reading my very talented sons first short story...he is brilliant and so creative
*hugs, hugs and more hugs. no one will ever complain about the daily hug ratio in my home again.
*mailing boxes to far away friends celebrating the gift they are to me
*spring sunshine and 80 degree days...the Lord is so good...new life surrounds us.
*the smell of the first charcoal fire of the new year
*bruscetta with locally grown tomatoes, homemade mozzarella, basil and lots of garlic.
*three adults+one small kitchen=lots of laughter and a lovely round of bumper bums
*freshly planted flowering pots sitting on the front porch bathing in sunlight filled with colors of Spring.
*a trip to the post office to mail some love north, south, east and west.
*plans made to share Easter with some of our favorite people.
*waking up to the sound of Miss Courtney giggling this morning...bliss!
*watching my guy cook meat over an open flame. the joy on his face...priceless!
*the friendly smile on the lovely young woman’s face at the dry cleaners and knowing that *picking up clothing that is starched, ironed and pressed...by someone else. Squee!
*laughter at the dinner table
*making my first batch of homemade laundry soap and celebrating how wonderfully efficient it is at getting all the grubby knees clean.
*beautiful liturgies over the past three days...I love tradition
*watching my Courtney's face light up on Holy Thursday when she heard the bells signaling Christ's arrival in Holy Communion...she loves receiving her beloved
*an incredible Easter FEAST shared with my mother and best friends family
*hours of storytelling celebrating my Dad and all his life. I never tire of listening to my mother speak of her love for the man who still carries her heart, even from heaven.
*gentle arms that hold me in the dark moments of life that threaten to swallow all my hard earned joy.
*sweet friends who let a girlfriend cry from time to time, releasing the flood gates of worry and apprehension.
*an efficient spouse motivated to make the world better for his family



I am Pondering ~
So many lessons learned these past six weeks....too many to share here...but I will eventually...

I am Reading ~
I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark

I am Creating Something of Beauty with My Hands ~
I am sewing Courtney's Prom dress as well as a few new pairs of cropped pants for the spring and summer...busy machine these days.

A little color from this past weekend...
On My iPod ~
Laura Story has a new CD called "Blessings" This is my new theme song...achingly beautiful and it is MY LIFE...those thousand sleepless nights...mercies in disguise...



I am Writing ~
...on the memoir and it's almost ready to be sent to editors and agents!! I can't believe what a little concentrated writing time will accomplish!! Amazing!!
...on this blog...there will be lots of new recipes and some new helpful posts (hopefully you'll find them helpful) on homemaking and batch cooking. Maybe even a surprise or two. Stay tuned!

Towards Rhythm and Beauty in my Home this Week ~
Lots of activity swirling around the calendar this week. I am prepping for a writing conference next weekend so I need to get the house back in order after a lovely weekend filled with lots of friends and food. A little de-clutter goes a long way. It's also time for a new Pantry Challenge!! Fun, fun, fun!!

Living the Liturgy Daily ~
HE is RISEN!! HW is RISEN Indeed!!
Alleluia! Alleluia!
This week we will be praying the Divine Mercy Novena in preparation for Divine Mercy Sunday all while enjoying the Easter Octave. So happy to shake off the restraints of Lent.
Happy Easter!!
The baskets of food ready to be blessed on Easter Vigil 2011
Deacon Marques and father Stefan at the Blessing of the Baskets...Easter Vigil 2011
I am Hoping and Praying for ~
*for the NFP class Jerry and I are teaching. May God guide our words and open the hearts of our students to God's plan for their future families.

*in thanksgiving for so many lessons learned this past Lent. God has a plan. I just need to let Him lead in this dance called LIFE! 

*for my husband and my son who are forging a new level of friendship/mentorship. Parenting twenty-somethings is a minefield at times and we could all use a little cover!

*for perseverance with my new weight loss regimen...for patience with myself and my learning curve.

*Miss Courtney's care plan and new meds. May God continue to guide her doctors. 

* for a return to civility with the political discourse in this country. Words have power and people need to be personally responsible for the words and deeds. "Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness." Mother Teresa

* for my cousin Anne and our friends son Mark, who are deployed to Afghanistan as well as our family friend Gerard a newly minted Marine and my cousin Eamon at Marine Boot Camp in San Diego. May God protect all those who serve this wonderful nation.

* for my sister-in-law Nancy who is expecting my new NEPHEW in September. That God may protect both Momma and little one. 

*for Caleb and his Momma and Daddy. That they may feel hope once more in the midst of great sacrifice. 

* for those who are searching for their purpose in this world. That God may grant them a passionate perseverance to discover His plan for them.

*for Suzanne at church who prays for my girl, just because

*for the six woman I have prayed with weekly for over 10 years now. That God may guide their daily paths as family needs and obligations prevent us from being physically present to one another at this time. May God shelter them and the ones they hold closest to their hearts.


"Pray, Hope and Don't Worry" ~ Padre Pio 

In the Garden ~
Things are GROWING!! Here is a little snapshot of my "kitchen garden" right outside my front door. There are herbs, two cherry tomato plants and a few lettuce plants. I can't wait to harvest in a few weeks. This weekend the boys will put in the Square Foot gardens to the side of the house. Squee!! Can't wait to dig me some dirt!!
Basil, oregano, parsley, thyme, mint, chives...so much flavor growing just for me!!
Oh happy little thyme...sigh...there will be chicken in your future...
In the Kitchen ~
I have been on Weight Watchers for the past four weeks and have lost about seven pounds now. It's time to kick things into high gear! So I will be embracing some new ways of cooking over the next several months. A lots less sugar and carbs and more veggies. It's been an interesting learning curve, one that I am looking forward to sharing with you all. The kitchen is no longer a battlefield! 

Courtney's World ~
Courtney has been enjoying life life these last few weeks. Her seizure activity is way down due to a new med regimen and she has been happy and smiling for her Momma quite a bit. We have had lots of family time recently where she has interacted with her cousins. We went bowling for my Mom's 70th birthday and they all "helped" her bowl using the little ramp they have for those in wheelchairs. It was so fabulous to witness them loving her. 

A Picture Thought ~
Courtney bowling with Momma...check out the hot pink Converse...too funny....only kid I know who bowls with her legs crossed! LOL!


After eating some of Grandma's birthday cake...yummy!




Labels: ,