multitude monday ~ memorial day

Miss Court and I at my fathers graveside this weekend in Arlington National Cemetery.
As I have written before, this year marks the 10th anniversary of my father's death from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He fought bravely for nine years and never once gave in or gave up. So I thought it was proper on this Memorial Day to honor him and those who have served this great nation, especially those who gave their all. 

I am Blessed and Grateful for ~
#326 - all those service men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our great nation
#327 - my husband and his dedication and devotion to God and country
#328 - fireworks, a celebration of color and light
#329 - friends and family celebrating the lives of those who have gone before with love and laughter
#330 - my Grandfather Green and Godfather Roy who served during WWII
#331 - 10 different versions of potato salad
#332 - newly made napkins that are pretty summer colors
#333 - charcoal burning 
#334 - hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, veggies being grilled...the smells of summer
#335 - a hug from a smiling face as we enter church
#336 - a wall of family photos that remind me of who I am and where I come from
#337 - a field of flags and stone where honor is laid to rest
#338 - my Daddy who believed that life was marathon and to never give up along the way.

Labels: