small successes ~ vol. 63

FaithButton



"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1.
It's been far too long since I have sat down and thought about my small successes. WAY past time. Given the week I have had I thought I needed to look at the positive side of life. So my first small success of the week is quite simply actually. I started reading a small devotional book at bedtime. I had become so distracted with the details of life that I stopped reading inspirational and uplifting things that soothe the soul and calm the mind to promote good sleep. Still struggling from time to time with menopausal insomnia but it's getting better. 

2.
My second success is re-establishing a regular dinner time for the family. My son is in college and works while my honey works late hours some nights so lately it's been hard to have family dinner time like we used to. So I made an executive decision and have told the two gents that dinner will be at 6:30 wether they are here or not. Miss Courtney and I will get back on schedule which should help with my weight loss goals and save my sanity. I am NOT a good short order cook. It makes me cranky.

3.
Along with my honey, we have embraced the Day of Rest better known as Sunday. Over the years business has creeped into this most holy day and we have both noticed that we feel frazzled all the time. There never seems to be time to sit and read or take a nice long walk. Finally last weekend we were able to just enjoy time together as a family and it was glorious. So decision made. Sunday is for church and family and rest. No shopping, working or worrying. I look forward to a long and lazy summer enjoying those moments. 



Blessings and Grace.
Mary


Labels: