tasty tuesday ~ cheese tortellini w/roasted veggies & balsamic dressing

a little Italian side dish full of flavor...
This recipe was created out of necessity. I had fresh veggies that needed to be used before going bad and a freezer that needed to be emptied. As I was staring at the ingredients on the kitchen counter, I remembered one of Jerry's favorite summer salads made with penne pasta, olives, artichokes and other tasty vittles. So I decided to make a variation of it. I roasted the veggies I had on hand, sliced some salami, added the cheese tortellini and tossed it with balsamic dressing. 

It was so, so good. I paired it with grilled steak and some grilled asparagus. It was the hands down winner that evening at dinner. I love it when a new recipe rise from the ashes of my fridge. Score!! 




Celebrate the Feast!
Mary
****************************************

this is a great pairing with steak or a fabulous hamburger...
Cheese Tortellini w/Roasted Veggies & Balsamic Dressing
recipe by Mary Lenaburg

Ingredients:
1 pound frozen or fresh (multi-colored or regular) cheese tortellini (cooked to package instructions)
selection of roasted veggies (I used zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, red and yellow peppers)
about 3/4 cup of salami or summer sausage thinly sliced
Balsamic dressing (You can make your own or use your favorite bottled brand) 
Here is a recipe that I use often.

Roasting Instructions:
Cut the veggies, place on a cookie sheet, toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes then turn the veggies over. Bake another 15 minutes. 

Place all the ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing. You can serve cold or at room temperature.
Mary L. on Foodista

Labels: