tasty tuesday ~ cza cza's crisp spring salad...

the sweet pineapple and melon combined with the tart balsamic and 
the creamyblue cheese makes this salad a tasty winner.






Last month I had a wonderful visit from my friend Cza Cza. We spent the day visiting Old Town Occaquan exploring it's antique shops and historical sights all while enjoying beautiful weather. We decided to try a local seafood restaurant for lunch and that is where I discovered this absolutely sublime salad. It's a house specialty.

I admit I was intrigued with the flavor combinations when the waitress suggested it. The ingredients are simple but they provide such a punch of flavor it's rather surprising. I knew I could duplicate it and of course I had name it for my favorite lunch companion. Pineapples and cantaloupe are in season now so take advantage of it. Combined with the blue cheese, balsamic dressing and crisp romaine lettuce bring Spring right to your table. So enjoy!!

Celebrate the Feast!
Mary
****************************************

simple loveliness...
Cza Cza'a Crispy Spring Salad w/Pineapple and Cantaloupe
recipe by Mary Lenaburg

Ingredients:
I head Romaine lettuce, washed and torn
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh pineapple 
1 cup thinly sliced fresh cantaloupe
1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
4 oz crumbled blue cheese

Balsamic Dressing:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

*Whisk ingredients for dressing together in a bowl. Toss with salad ingredients and enjoy!

Mary L. on Foodista

Labels: