tasty tuesday ~ roasted peppers w/sherry garlic vinaigrette & goat cheese

These are fabulous as a meal or an appetizer...pair them with a lovely chardonnay...sweet!
This weeks recipe was a bit out of the box for me as far as risk vs. end result. I know that I am a good cook but I don't always try new things that will challenge my palate. I tend to cook what I know. Recently I have fallen in love with goat cheese. It has a creamy texture with a slightly tangy taste that just makes whatever it is paired with pop. So now it is my personal mission to see how many different recipes I can find and make using this lovely cheese.

These peppers were made as a side dish to my lovely Mother's Day dinner. They were a lovely compliment to the flank steak and Grilled Broccolini my hubby made. The boys however were not the biggest fans so we had leftovers. The next night was a busy one with everyone running in a different direction. So I declared a leftover night with everyone on their own diving through the fridge. You guessed it, I was left with a baguette and the roasted peppers. So I checked the cheese drawer and struck gold with a smidge of goat cheese left from another dish. I sliced and toasted off my baguette, spread a little goat cheese on it and laid a pepper on top. It was sublime. I made one for my hubby and all of a sudden these roasted pepper things weren't so bad. Score one for MOM!!

I think these peppers would be great in a pasta salad, or mixed with other roasted veggies to kick the flavor profile up a notch. Give them a whirl. You won't be disappointed!




Celebrate the Feast!
Mary
****************************************
*****************************************
tangy, crunchy sweet goodness!
Roasted Peppers w/ Sherry-Garlic Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese
from the June 2011 issue of Cuisine at Home
Roast:
6 bell peppers, assorted colors
Whisk:
3 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
3 TBSP sherry vinegar
1 TBSP minced fresh mint
2 TBSP minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
goat cheese an a baguette

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Roast peppers on a baking sheet until softened and skins darken, turning occasionally, 1-1 1/4 hours. Remove peppers from the oven. Let them rest until cool to the touch.
Remove and discard pepper stems and skins, being careful not to tear flesh. Cut peppers into quarters: discard seeds and membranes. Transfer peppers to a bowl.
Whisk together oil, vinegar, mint and garlic in a small bowl: season with salt and pepper. Pour vinaigrette over peppers, cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or refrigerate overnight. Bring peppers to room temperature before serving.  

Slice a baguette and toast slightly on a baking sheet in the oven. Spread with goat cheese and place pepper slice on bread. 
Enjoy!!
Mary L. on Foodista

Labels: