earthquakes and raw chicken...

In the last 24 hours I have shared Miss Courtney's medical journey with 2nd year medical students at the National Medical Center in Bethesda, MD...I made them laugh...I made them cry...I had 15 hot flashes while speaking to them...It was not a pretty site...then my world moved...like for real...it moved...experienced my first earthquake ever while on base (after they initially thought it was something more sinister) thereby enjoying the company of some very fine Marines for several hours...sat in traffic for three and a half hours after said Marines cleared the way to leave base...was welcomed home by my wonderful spouse who had thought that a plane was landing on the house before realizing it was an earthquake...He hugged me...hard...when I walked though the door...I was very happy to be home...very happy...woke up this morning with a headache...I think it was an earthquake hangover...prepped the house for company this evening...made black and white brownies, panzanella salad, green beans, wicked mashed potatoes and wilted spinach salad...placed chicken in the oven 90 minutes before company arrives thinking it would be perfect timing...company arrives...I pull the chicken out of the oven...it's still pink...Panic ensues...I cut off as much as I can and place in the microwave while smiling and talking and trying to distract said company from the fact that if I serve the chicken...it may kill them...I just met these people...they are very nice...I would hate to cause harm...that would be very, very bad...thank goodness the Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes steal the show...I love Ree...I really, really love Ree...once again I am humbled in the kitchen...oh but the brownies rocked the house...like an earthquake of the culinary variety...now I need to sleep...for many, many hours...goodnight and be still...really, really still...

Labels: