five minute friday ~ "new"

bright and blue...filled with possibilities...
It's that time once more Five Minute Friday hosted by the lovely Gypsy Mama. The rules are simple. Set the timer for five minutes and just write...no editing...no turning back...silence the inner critic and just write what comes to your heart...so here we go...

This weeks topic: NEW
This time of year there is a lot of NEW in my life. NEW schedules to adhere to, NEW clothing to purchase for a NEW season...so many things to do to accomplish each day, so many NEW adventures in store.


I used to get so excited about this time of year with all the NEW possibilities but lately I find myself dreading the changes. Maybe it's my age, my hormones or just that I am craving rest but either way I am struggling with the NEW.


So what's a girl to do? 


My Mom always said "When things look dim or your feeling down, walk out side look up at the sky and take in the wonder of it. If that doesn't make you smile, then go back inside and grab a bowl of ice cream."


LOL! I do love my mother's quirky advice. She's right though. I went outside this morning after a night of thunder and lightening and the scene above is what greeted me. Wonder is a beautiful thing. It brings you back to your youth in a second. A few deep breaths...a prayer of thanksgiving and...wahlaaa...


A glorious NEW day filled with lots of NEW lessons to learn, NEW books to read, NEW conversations to have...and a NEW bowl of ice cream to eat!


Another reason to always listen to you Mama no matter how old you are...they know NEW and how to grasp it.


New is looking pretty good today...




Labels: