the day after...

If there was one word to describe today...slow... and very, very boring...just the way I like it. BLISS!!

I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a Mac truck. Dealing with all the emotions from yesterday, trying to stay in the moment and not think about anything but making sure my girl was going to be OK is very draining. It takes me a day or two to get back on track.

Miss Courtney had a pretty peaceful night with only a short seizure around 1 a.m. It was so good to see her soundly sleeping holding her little stuffed dog. It was what I needed to be able to process everything that has happened in the last 24 hours.

I talked with Miss Courtney's team today. Her neurologist, gastroenterologist and dietician. They had all looked at her numbers from the blood work taken yesterday. They all agreed.

We dodged a bullet yesterday...a BIG one.

Miss Courtney goes from 0 to TROUBLE in less than a blink of an eye. I was told today that had we waited another hour or two, the outcome could have been very different. Not really what I want to hear the day after.

Her kidneys had started to show distress and had we not acted when we did, well let's just not go there.

God is good, God is good, God is really, really good!

Once more, Jesus and His Blessed Mother watched over Courtney and moved her Mama to move when we needed to move. I am always in awe of how things unfold with this child.

This is what Miss Courtney thought of today:


I thinks she's happy with the outcome as well. Thank you, dear wonderful readers,  for walking with us. Thank you for your prayers that I know continue even as I type this. I sometimes feel like I shouldn't be so public with our life. It can be quite draining to spend time with us. Then, I was reminded earlier today that Miss Courtney has a job to do and if I didn't share our journey than how would she do her job of bringing people closer to Christ one prayer at a time.

Thank you for always being there when we need you. Life is never an easy stroll but it's never boring that's for sure!

Love Always,
Mary

Labels: