pretty, happy, funny, real...

I missed last weeks edition of {pretty, happy, funny, real} as we were recovering from our little trauma. I still feel like I am way behind in life but I guess that's just where I am these days. I need to keep reminding myself that today is all that matters and tomorrow will take care of itself. So this weeks pictures are a little snapshot of contentment in this moment. If you want to see more joy, head on over to Like Mother, Like Daughter and join in on the fun. 

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
{pretty}
She kept shaking her head, hence the edge blur, but I have to say I love this photo.
Miss Courtney is very happy 95% and I happen to think she is the most beautiful
nineteen year old on the planet. Just sayin!
{happy}
This is my guy in the kitchen with his two favorite tools.
He has really been there for me in the last ten days as I have
devoted so much more time to Courtney's care. He can only cook two things,
eggs and pancakes, but he does them VERY well. He also makes me laugh, a lot.
Thanks honey for making me laugh for the last 23 years.
I don't know how I would do this without you!
{funny}
This was taken with my phone last week in the ER as we were
waiting on the discharge papers  for Miss Courtney. Jerry HATES
hospitals with a deep abiding passion, so after five or six hours he gets a little punchy.
Here he was discussing the evil alien probe...I'll stop there...
it was funny...yep he was VERY punchy...but cute!
{real}
Wanna know what a menopausal rosacea laden almost 44 year old woman
looks like at 3 a.m. while holding her very awake, refusing to sleep daughter?
Well, I am here to oblige. NO make-up, no sleep, taken with my phone. Not so flattering BUT we were home instead of in a hospital room.
Just keepin it real here at Chez Lenaburg!

Labels: ,