mary's cranberry tangerine griddlecakes...


A country brunch...ham, eggs, fruit and fabulous griddlecakes...

Today was one of those days. You know the ones. Everything floats along and you don't want it to stop. There were no seizures for Miss Courtney, no bad attitude form Collegeman, no envelopes with windows in the mail and the love of your life is actually home and ready to assist in the holiday merriment. 

Maybe it was because I went out of my way to make a spectacular brunch filled with a few of my families favorite things. There was organic ham and lovely free range chicken eggs, fried up in the iron skillet of course. I was thinking pancakes, to round out the plate, but then I saw the bowl full of tangerines on the counter and I knew it was time to experiment. 

I started with a griddlecake recipe I have used for years. I changed out the flour to up the fiber content and then I saw the bowel of tangerines a whammo...I had my flavor profile. I added the juice and zest form a tangerine, some cinnamon, and a handful of Craisins. These griddlecakes were light and scrumptious. Not your traditional sweet thing for the holidays but amazing nonetheless. 

So here's to Day 17 of 25 Days Of Christmas Sweet Treats Extravaganza!!

Happy Baking!
Mary

(for more recipes...head over here...click)
******************************************************** 
See the happy little craisins peeking out...sweet!
Mary's Cranberry Tangerine Griddlecakes
(recipe from Mary Lenaburg)

Ingredients:
1/2  to 3/4 cup buttermilk 
2 tablespoon butter-melted
zest and juice of one tangerine
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup Craisins
1 egg
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

mix ingredients togther and use buttered gridle.  add more buttermilk for thinner pancakes

Labels: